Sunday, April 20, 2014

Amost there - Beaubourg.


Please excuse the towel rail. The bathroom is the only room in the house with a big enough mirror for taking photos in. Ten minutes ago I cast off the neck of my Beaubourg. Finally. I've been working on her for four months. Four months! But I'm very happy with how she's turned out. 

I added an extra four inches to the neck - the six inches in the pattern just didn't seem long enough to me. I picked up the stitches on the neck band instead of knitting the cowl separately and sewing it on - I'm not great at sewing and I like shortcuts if I can afford to take them. I'm even okay with the very noticeable changes between each skein, it kind of gives it an ombre effect. 

Next task for the afternoon - weave in all ends. And block, although this rain won't be conducive for drying things quickly! Only one sock to finish now until I have no more projects on the needles!

No comments:

Post a Comment